Feel secure in your operational decisions
So what does the Avola Decision platform enable you to do?
- intuitively structure and visualise key (operational) decisions
- create and automate decision models with minimal IT effort
- create one central system that automates the key decisions of your organisation
- apply the fitting governance around your decision management
- have a transparent system to keep track of the decisions made, and the sources they are based on
- create intelligent forms using the decisions of your organisation
- BI: download execution data to perform analyses and simulations
Anyone can use our platform to make the decision management of their organisation agile, efficient, transparent and consistent!
Visualise key decisions through decision models
Avola Decision is a platform that enables you to to intuitively structure and visualise the key (operational) decisions of your organisation in one system. Making use of decision models, you can automate key decisions with minimal IT effort as the platform does not require technical knowledge.
Because we use the Decision Model and Notation (DMN) standard to create the visualisation of decision models, you can gather the following information from decision models like this one:
- the top level of the decision model shows you the main conclusion to reach (in a different colour)
- the sub-levels of underlying decisions show you which information is needed to come to said conclusion
- the bottom level of the model informs you of the data sources so you'll know exactly on which rules, regulations and data the decision was based
Structure your decision logic in tables
The Avola Decision platform allows you to express each decision's logic in what we call 'decision tables'. They're a very intuitive and communicative way to express logic.
So how does it work?
- the logic within each decision of a decision model is expressed in a decision table
- each row of a decision table is the expression of a complete business rule
- if all the conditions in a row are true, the row will be executed and a conclusion will be reached
- content of the individual cells can vary between fixed values, references to values of other business data, formulas, calculations, etc.
Validate your decision models using test scenarios
Once the decision tables within a decision model are filled with the appropriate decision logic, our tool enables you to easily validate and verify its working. One way to do so is by filling out a scenario with possible answers, running it, and looking at the scenario execution results.
So how do you test decisions through test scenarios?
- create a new test for the version of the decision to test
- fill in the expected result (success, no conclusion, error) and conclusion
- fill in the appropriate data and information
- run the scenario and see whether your test resulted in success or an error
- if the conclusion was unexpected, take a look at the results of the underlying decisions to find your mistake
Validate test scenario batches using our Excel templates
Validating only a few test scenarios won't suffice. To truly test the decision logic of your decision models, you'll want to execute a few hundred or even thousand test scenarios. Especially for complicated decisions. To make testing of large amounts of scenarios more efficient, you can use the Excel template our Avola Decision platform provides.
How does this work?
- when creating a test scenario for a decision, click the download button
- you'll be provided with an Excel file that includes all the business data in columns
- fill out the required business data values for all your scenarios in the correct column
- upload the test scenario sheet and execute the entire batch at once
Manage your business data and models with business domains
The last thing you want as a business owner is to let anyone create or update decision models that full under your authority. To ensure this doesn't happen, Avola Decision structures all of the business data used in decision models in what we call 'business domains'.
How do domains work in Avola Decision?
- map each Avola Decision user to one or more business domains
- you can only view or update business data and logic in the domain you're in
- with cross-domain decision models, business users of the other domain will be kept in the loop of your project, for authorisation and validation purposes
Apply the correct governance to your decisions
Through a combination of business domain and business data access and the use of roles within the decision management platform, Avola Decision allows you to automatically implement the right governance around decision management.
What does the right governance entail?
- everyone gets assigned a role per domain: owner/member
- the assigned role will determine your access rights in Avola Decision
- other roles will also ensure there will always be appropriate quality assurance, project management, decision logic approval and release management
Analyse the execution data and create simulations
Avola Decision now includes an execution analysis section as well. You can choose to analyse the executed decision in our platform itself, or download an Excel file with detailed information on the executed decisions and business data.
How does it work?
- choose an environment to analyse, the type of graph you prefer and a period of time to view a graph of the decisions executed
- request data for BI reporting
- download an Excel file with all the executed decisions and business data behind them
- you can analyse the data and look for trends, etc.
- use the gathered data to perform simulations
Create intelligent forms linked to your decisions
You can use Avola Forms to create intelligent surveys. It allows you to import questions and data from your projects in Avola and link them to the steps of your survey. Use a combination of custom questions and questions imported from decisions to create a questionnaire that automatically executes decisions.
How does it work?
- create a form in your Avola Decision organisation
- log into forms and start building your survey
- preview forms before executing them
- adjust the theme of the form to the housestyle of your organisation
- use the link or embed the form in your website
Are you interested in the Avola Decision platform?
You can contact us by filling in the form below! We'll get back to you as soon as possible.